Long-only Equity Management

The TSMF is the first initiative of its kind within Europe, it manages a real-life long-only equity portfolio and is 100% run by students. We invest in equities and exchange traded fund instruments. However, our constitution does not permit us to short sell securities due to the inherent risk of this activity.

Our Aim

Our aim is to become a co-curricular and multi-disciplinary centre for excellence within Trinity which attracts the University’s finest students who wish to hone their professional skills – be they related to investments and finance, marketing and PR, operations or management and leadership.

Giving Back

10% of annual profits are donated to the Trinity Access Programme (TAP) which assists students from underrepresented backgrounds with their tuitions fees and other expenses. The remaining 90% of our returns are reinvested into the portfolio with a view to growing it to a critical mass whereby the 10% donated to charity becomes a meaningful sum.