Trinity Student Managed Fund (Trinity SMF) is the first student managed fund in Irish history. It is comprised of a real-life financial portfolio managed by a team of committed undergraduate and postgraduate students under the guidance of an advisory board of investment industry experts.

What we do

Long Only Equity Management

The SMF is the first initiative of its kind within Europe, it manages a real-life long-only equity portfolio and is 100% run by students. We invest in equities and exchange traded fund instruments. However, our constitution does not permit us to short sell securities due to the inherent risk of the activity.

Providing a Platform

Our aim is to become a co-curricular and multi-disciplinary centre for excellence within Trinity which attracts the University’s finest students who wish to hone their professional skills – be they related to investments and finance, marketing and PR, operations or management and leadership.

Giving Back

Each year, 10% of our profits are donated to the Trinity Access Programme (TAP) and the Trinity Inclusion & Disability Service. The remaining 90% of our returns are reinvested in the portfolio with a view of growing it to a critical mass whereby the remaining 10% becomes a meaningful sum.

Where our members are now

Trinity SMF offers Trinity’s students with unparalleled exposure to the world of investing and financial markets. Under the guidance of the advisory board, our members are given the opportunity to learn and make investment decisions with the funds assets.

This exposure has provided our members with unmatched experience in the financial world as they aim to begin their professional careers following graduation.

Our members have completed internships and secured full time roles at some of the largest and most prestigious asset management firms, investment banks and trading firms in financial hubs all across the globe.

 

What Our Alumni Say

Ciaran McKay

Co-Chief Executive Officer

Will O’Callaghan

Co-Chief Executive Officer

Nathan Whitehead

Chief Investment Officer

Aoife Mullan

Chief Operating Officer

Jack Connolly

Chief Financial Officer

Maresa Ronan

Secretary

Emily Woods

Chief Macroeconomist

Isobel Forde

Head of Trading

Jane Hayes Nally

Head of Alternative Investments

Zara Finn

Head of Women in Business Group

Lucy Skelton

Head of Women in Business Conference

Fiona Brogan

Public Relations Officer

Jack Cleary

Chief Technology Officer

Patrick Duffy

Head of ESG

Olwyn Patterson

Head of Mentorship

Chloe Griffin

Publications Officer

Kristian Robertson

Head of Research

Anna Schwer

Investment Officer

Maximus McKeever

Investment Officer

Our Upcoming Events

  • Timezone UTC+6
  • Speaker
  • Address